Sunday, January 1, 2012

紫禁城 Forbidden City

One time, we went to the Forbidden City. And by one time, I mean our first weekend excursion.
I've posted all of these pictures to my facebook as well as the more personal/people pictures. Enjoy!

Also, not sure why some of the pictures got shifted... and I can't fix it. My bad :(

Oh Mao...

Old ChinaNew China...are they different?

This pretty much sums up China.

Our Tour Guide... what was his name?He was often amusing, for various reasons

Sometimes I make art.

Sometimes I make jokes:
I concinced Yoo Jin Oh that the moats were filled with a soup made of Chinese babies

Sometimes I make artsy jokes?
Usually when I make art, it IS a joke

Yoo Jin's hair

Modern China in the background#juxtaposition

Epic?

More Epic



I also convinced Yoo Jin Oh that there is where they made the baby soup

Sad Story? I had to be told these roofs were orange (they are orange right?) I thought they were red... I think.

These animals have meanings. I don't know what they are.

Beautiful.
I think.

Hahaha.  This is like completely legit.  The government has rated hundreds of bathrooms around the city so that tourists know what kind of experience they're about to have.  1-5 stars.  I think I used a 3 star once, it was a squatter (but with a porcelain...squatter-thing)

Le Art. <--- hipster
not to be confused with:
L'Art <--- French

I like this photo... not sure why, but I think its kind of cool


Chinese people + Umbrellas = Love

Scary Lion

Teh Dragon

Inside the (Empress) Dragon Lady's house room thing

Pagoda... of doom
b/c it sounds better

More Baby Soup.

Pagoda thing behind the Forbidden City

The End

1 comment:

  1. yay!, you mentioned that you visited here in "2005 with your Dad". November 2005 was not as smoggy or humid as Summer 2011. But we had an adventure when we were locked inside the Summer Palace after everyone left. Sounds like you had a similar experience this time and had to walk to the Subway again. . .

    ReplyDelete